Sweet, Salty & Addictive1:28 PM
Whoever thought to mix sweet and salty together is literally a GENIUS. Whether you're tailgating, hosting a party, or just having a movie night, these Sweet and Salty Recipes are so addictive! If we know one thing, you won't be able to eat a few and walk away. These recipes will change your life!
Who else is guilty of eating raw cookie dough? Thanks to Pinterest and Sally's Baking Addiction, we came across this recipe that is to die for and perfect for all those cookie dough lovers!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 40-50 pretzels
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, such as Ghiradelli
- 1 teaspoon shortening, optional
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Turn the mixer off and add the flour and salt. Mix on low speed at first, then turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix until combined. The dough will be thick and crumbly, just keep mixing until it comes together. Mix in mini chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 2 teaspoons of dough per sandwich. The amount of dough per sandwich may vary; it depends how thick you want each dough filling. Sandwich balls between two pretzels and place on prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the pretzel bites are chilling, break up the chocolate and melt with the shortening for about 1 minute in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. The shortening is used to thin the chocolate out. Dip the pretzel bites halfway into the melted chocolate and place bites back on baking sheet. Refrigerate the dipped bites for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. Cover and store pretzel bites in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yields 20–25 bites
Love popcorn, peanut butter, white chocolate and sprinkles? Thanks to Pinterest and Fake Ginger, we found this recipe that is perfect for your next movie night!
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Put popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and canola oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir. If the chips haven't melted completely, put it back in for another 30 seconds; remove and stir until the mixture is smooth. Whisk in pudding mix.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and toss until all the popcorn is coated. Turn onto a sheet of wax paper and spread into a single layer. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Let cool completely before serving.
Ritz Crackers, Peanut Butter and M&M's
Last minute party? Need a quick go-to snack that will keep your guests coming back for more? Don't fret, we've got the perfect recipe for you!
- Box of Ritz Crackers
- Jar of Peanut Butter
- Bag of M&M's
- Lay out as many Ritz Crackers that you'd like to make.
- Spread Peanut Butter onto the crackers.
- Place 4 to 5 M&M's on top of the Peanut Butter.
That's it! Simple, fast and oh so delicious!
Don't have anything to display your treats on? This Monogrammed Small Acrylic Tray from Marleylilly is great for entertaining!
What are you waiting for? We know your mouth is already watering at the thought of these recipes! Go ahead, indulge.
// We wanna know! What's your favorite Sweet + Salty Recipe? //