15 Ways to Green Your Life4:30 PM
1. Grow your own herb garden and fill it with all your favorite herbs.
2. Repurpose old furniture and turn it into something beautiful.
3. Support your local restaurants that use foods derived less than 100 miles away.
4. Buy an inexpensive reusable water bottle, like this monogrammed Camelbak water bottle, instead of buying plastic water bottles.
5. Shop at your local Farmer's Market instead of big name grocery stores.
6. Unplug unused chargers and appliances.
7. Wash laundry in cold water instead of hot.
8. Collect rainwater, and use it to water your houseplants and garden.
9. Walk or ride your bike to your errands and save all of them to do in one trip.
10. Switch to shade-grown coffee with the “Fair Trade” label.
11. Donate to and shop from local thrift stores instead of buying new items.
12. Repurpose glass jars as leftover containers and bulk storage, especially in the kitchen.
13. Turn off all the lights when you leave a room.
14. Check Craigslist before buying anything new.
15. Subscribe to good eco-friendly blogs to stay up to date on ways to keep staying green. Here are a couple to get you started: The Greenist, It's Not Easy To Be Green, Reduce Footprints.
Here's to Mother Nature!